Allah Has made Prayer (Salah). Salat is the obligatory Muslim prayers, performed five times each day by Muslims. Five times each day, Muslims bow down to Allah in scheduled prayers. It is the second Pillar of Islam.
Allah ordered Muslims to pray at five set times of day:
- Salat al-fajr: dawn, before sunrise
- Salat al-zuhr: midday, after the sun passes its highest
- Salat al-‘asr: the late part of the afternoon
- Salat al-maghrib: just after sunset
- Salat al-‘isha: between sunset and midnight
The prayer ritual, which is over 1400 years old, is repeated five times a day by hundreds of millions of people all round the world.